GSM Outfitters LLC is pleased to be a provider of Gregory backpacks, which have for years been among the most frequently recommended hiking accessories in Sevierville, TN. These products date back decades and have earned their place among the pantheon of the nation’s highest-quality hiking gear. It’s no wonder why customers keep going back to the Gregory name over and over again.
The company was founded by Wayne Gregory, who was an innovative adventurer from the time he was very young. At just 14 years old he designed his first backpack as part of a Boy Scout project. At the time, he had a theory: that a backpack, just like a shoe, is worn rather than carried, and therefore must be properly sized for each individual user.
Wayne’s passion for innovation and the outdoors never left him. He eventually founded Gregory Mountain Products in 1977. In his very first store, Wayne himself would ask customers questions about the specific type of fit and durability they were looking for out of their pack, striving to find solutions to any problems that would arise. He became famous for offering personalized solutions that provided outdoors enthusiasts with the most comfortable backpacks based on their own individual preferences.
We’re pleased to provide a wide variety of Gregory backpacks in our store, including MIWOK, SALVO, SULA, AMBER, STOUT, CITRO, JUNO, JADE and ZULU packs. Each one of these backpacks comes in various sizing capabilities and other options to match the preferences of the user.
What to know about choosing a backpack
There are many different factors you’ll need to consider when choosing a backpack for your next outdoor adventure. Here are just a few examples:
- Length of your hike: There are several types of backpacks split up based on how long you expect to be out on the trails. A “weekend” backpack is good for one to three nights and typically carries 30 to 50 liters. A multiday pack is good for three to five nights and features 50 to 80 liters of storage. An extended trip pack is good for five or more nights and carries 70 liters or more. They are also ideal for winter treks that last more than one night, or adults taking their young children backpacking.
- Frame type: Choose from internal frame, external frame or frameless backpacks, depending on how much support you need and the kind of gear you plan on carrying.
- Ventilation: Backpacks offer different types of ventilation, and depending on the kind of weather you’re going to be hiking in, this could be an important consideration for you.
- Pockets: Different types of packs have different pocket options, including elastic side pockets, hip-belt pockets, shovel pockets and front pockets.
- Access to the pack: What kind of pack access are you looking for? The two main options are top-loading packs and those that have panel access.
These are just a few considerations to keep in mind when choosing your pack. For more information about the outdoor gear we have in stock, contact GSM Outfitters LLC about our hiking accessories in Sevierville, TN.
Categorised in: Hiking Accessories