Need New Hiking Gear in Sevierville, TN? Things to Consider When Shopping for a Gregory Hiking Backpack
If you need new hiking gear in Sevierville, TN, like a new Gregory hiking pack, there are some things you should consider before buying:
- Weight: One seriously good reason to get a lightweight pack is because the weight of all your gear and supplies adds up quickly. You’ve got a lot of weight to carry—including your sleeping bag, sleeping pad, shelter, the backpack and other equipment—so pick a pack that is strong but doesn’t add excessive pounds.
- Design: Your hiking pack has a specific purpose—to hold your equipment so you can carry it all on your back comfortably. It’s fine to have things like straps, zippers and extra compartments if you have a specific use for them, but generally the simpler the pack, the better.
- Price: Hiking backpacks are made to last through many miles and years of use, as long as you take good care of them and invest in a quality product. You can pay full price (between $200 and $500 on average) or, if you’re on a budget, shop around and look for sales on premium packs.
- Comfort: Comfort is key! Don’t be shy about bringing your hiking gear to the store to try out backpacks.
Find Gregory packs at GSM Outfitters LLC
There’s a Gregory pack for everyone, whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just beginning to entertain your outdoor adventure bug. Your Gregory pack is made of quality materials for outdoor use, designed to provide the wearer with an ergonomic and comfortable fit and incredibly durable, and you will find all these exceptional qualities in every single model.
At GSM Outfitters, we currently have the following models—Salvo 24, Salvo 18, Muir, Zulu 30, Paragon 38, Sula 24, Maya 22, Jade 28, Miwok 6, Miwok 12, Amber 28, Boone Overnight, Juno 30 and Citro 20.
While these hiking backpacks are designed to last years, you must remember to take care of them:
- Use a mild soap solution and damp sponge to wipe the pack, inside and outside. Unzip all the zippers and let the pack air dry completely before using or storing.
- As gently as possible, use a soft bristle nylon brush to scrub out stains. This kind of cleaning is not recommended on a regular basis—it can damage the pack’s protective coatings. Also, never wash your backpack in the washing machine.
- Keep your pack out of the dryer and also away from sources of heat like ovens and radiators, because the heat can damage the protective coatings.
- Store your pack in a cool, dry place when you’re not using it.
If you are looking for a huge selection of hiking packs and other hiking gear in Sevierville, TN in one location, then GSM Outfitters LLC is the store for you. We have everything you’ll need to be prepared for day trips and overnight adventures alike, and our knowledgeable staff is ready to help you with all your outdoor needs. Come visit us today!
Categorised in: Hiking Gear